Before we start, let’s just make one thing clear:
The body does not need aluminium.
– Aluminium creates oxidative stress on cells throughout the body, causing cells to age and damaging DNA.
– Aluminium is toxic to your skin.
– Aluminium is a suspected cause of osteoporosis as it accumulates in bone tissue, weakening it.
– Aluminium in anti-perspirants / deodorants stop the body from sweating and releasing hormones properly. This is a suspected cause of breast and prostate cancer.
– Aluminium takes magnesium, calcium and iron from the body.
– Aluminum causes granulomas. (Tissue inflammation)
I know, right?
Because aluminium is so easy to come by, it has invaded so many mainstream products to the degree that it’s pretty tricky to completely avoid exposure.
Aluminium is found just about everywhere:
– COOKWARE, especially cooking acidic foods on aluminium
(Use glass or stainless steel, not aluminium)
– SODA CANS / CANNED FOODS
(Processed food containers contain aluminium, so opt for fresh and sensibly-packaged foods)
– ARTIFICIAL FOOD COLOURING
– ALUMINIUM FOIL / TINFOIL
– DEODORANT, regular and crystalized (there are natural alternatives)
– FLOUR / BAKING POWDER
– DRINKING WATER / TAP WATER
(Buy bottled water or a water filter)
– OVER-THE-COUNTER MEDICINES, including Aspirin, Malylox
Aluminium and Alzheimer’s Disease seem to go hand-in-hand.
Aluminium accumulates in the brain, lungs, liver, kidneys and thyroid where it fights with calcium for absorption. Aluminium is a sucker for your central nervous system too. Toxic metals play a big part in brain diseases by producing oxidative stress, and studies show that aluminium is one of the worst culprits out there. Brain autopsies in the elderly have revealed that their brains contain a much higher (+20) amount of aluminium than in those of middle-aged people.
Let’s ask the experts:
– The Department of Neurology and Psychiatry at Saint Louis University believe that aluminium “may cause liver toxicity and lead to degenerative symptoms, including Alzheimer’s.”
(Brenner S. Aluminum may mediate Alzheimer’s disease through liver toxicity, with aberrant hepatic synthesis of ceruloplasmin and ATPase7B, the resultant excess free copper causing brain oxidation, beta-amyloid aggregation and Alzheimer disease. Med Hypotheses. 2013 Mar;80(3):326-7. doi: 10.1016/j.mehy.2012.11.036. Epub 2012 Dec 20.)
– The University of California, Irvine’s Department of Medicine has reported that aluminium causes inflammation in the brain.
(Bondy SC. The neurotoxicity of environmental aluminum is still an issue. Neurotoxicology. 2010 Sep;31(5):575-81. doi: 10.1016/j.neuro.2010.05.009. Epub 2010 May 27. Review.)
– The University School of Medicine in Belgrade published information proving that consuming water with a high aluminium and low fluoride concentration is associated with a high risk of Alzheimer’s Disease.
(Belojević G, Jakovljević B. [Aluminum and Alzheimer’s disease]. Srp Arh Celok Lek. 1998 Jul-Aug;126(7-8):283-9. Review. Serbian.)
– The School of Studies in Zoology at Jiwaji University in India describe aluminium as a potent neurotoxin associated with Alzheimer’s.
(Shrivastava S. Combined effect of HEDTA and selenium against aluminum induced oxidative stress in rat brain. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2012 Jun;26(2-3):210-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jtemb.2012.04.014. Epub 2012 May 8.)